Pages

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Cutting and baking and decorating, oh my!

Nate was assigned to the Halloween party this year to bring in treats for the party.
So...we are bringing cookies.
There was another "assignment" at the beginning...but that's a whole other story/post of which I did write about, but later deleted.
It's not even post-worthy or worth talking about.
So anyway...
We decided on jack-o-lantern cookies!

We already had all the ingredients...so it was economical (my big thing).
And it's something Nate ENJOYS eating (so many years there's not even anything he likes).
And...I got to practice my decorating skills.
Still not the best.
But hey...
I'm getting there.
Slowly...

It was a long process.
I made the dough Tuesday night and wrapped it up and regrigerated it.

Wendesday...
I rolled it out, cut it, and baked it.

And today...
Thursday...
I decorated during naptime.

It was QUITE a time consuming project.
But hey...if it's for my boys...
It's worth it.

Hope you like them 4th graders!
Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment