Pages

Friday, October 29, 2010

Nate's Halloween Parade

This is Mrs. Kraay/Mrs. Statema's fourth grade class.
Today I went to their Halloween parade.
I always look forward to it each year.

We've pretty much had a tradition that I come eat lunch there at school first (usually this involves bringing McDonald's, LOL!)  Then later, I come back for the parade.
It makes for a VERY hectic day...but it's so worth it.
It means so much to the kids when their parents show up at school.
I always feel so bad for the kids whose parents never show up.
I know some can't.  Work prevents it for many.
I feel very blessed to have a job that is flexible that allows me to get away for little things like this.
When I see these same kids without their parents, I always like to ask Nate if it's ok if they sit with us at lunch...I make it a point to make over their costume...I engage them in conversation.  At least I feel I can give a little back in some small way making them feel special on the holiday even if their mom or dad can't make it.

We had great weather.
Chilly...but sunny.
Nate looked so cute as the walking box of popcorn!
I tell you...if one person told him...a hundred people told him...how much they LOVED his costume!
Score one for the mommy!
LOL!
We had fun making it.
And so much cheaper than store-bought!
Tomorrow is trick-or-treat.
Stay tuned for pics of both boys!

1 comment:

  1. VERY creative, Melody!!! Definite points for the Momma!!!!! :D We'll be seeing you tomorrow night - keep an eye out for the MOST adorable Buzz Lightyear ever! hahaha!

    ReplyDelete