Pages

Thursday, January 19, 2012

15 is fun...

Sunday was Evan's Winter Band Concert.
It was really nice.
I enjoy the classical music.
He looked so handsome in his tux.
It's hard to believe year 15 is halfway over.

I always hate hearing parents who talk about how awful the teen years are.
For us, they have been (mostly) full of joy and new adventures.
There's been marching band, Homecomings, Winter Fests, friends, birthday parties (with girls!), game nights with the guys, paper routes, campouts with Royal Rangers at church, (one) girlfriend, and so much more.
Lots of fun.
We have had our share of struggles too.
Though I have to say...nothing we've been through has been because of broken rules, rebellion, or such.  I am so thankful that God blessed us with Evan and his sensitive heart, sweet spirit, generosity toward others.
Evan makes me want to be a better person.
I have NEVER in FIFTEEN years, heard Evan say one bad thing about ANYONE.
That's something "I" could really work on.
He doesn't "trash-talk".
I wish I thought about the things I say more before I said them...just like he does.
He's such a good kid.
And I admire him.
It's been a tough year for him.
He's gone through his ADD testing and diagnosis.
He's gone through his scoliosis diagnosis.
Yet he's such a trooper.
He doesn't complain.
He doesn't worry.
He continues to have faith in God that everything will be ok.
That's how I want to be.
Just like Evan.

No comments:

Post a Comment