Pages

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Zip it up!

I was always very quiet and shy growing up.
So much so...
That I believe it affected my social life.
That all changed when I met my husband.
He is the polar opposite of me.
He is assertive, speaks his mind, and has an opinion on everything...
And he's not afraid to share it!
LOL!
But upon getting married...
He brought out the confidence in me.
Not that I'm a confident person now.
But I have opened up and speak freely.
I talk a lot more now.
I am more social.
And I don't have a problem sharing my opinions, convictions and beliefs.
I don't do as much of this "face to face".
I tend to do it more online.
With friends, acquaintences, and also just commenting on forums, groups, and such online.
It's not that I'm hiding behind the computer.
But I just find it easy to speak in discussions online.
Though if the opportunity presented itself, I may just surprise myself (and everyone else) and speak up then too, LOL!
But...
I am starting to learn...
Many people don't like my opinions, beliefs, and convictions.
I am conservative.
I am faith-based.
I have high standards.
I am a very moral/ethical person.
BUT...
I am not "politically correct".
Sorry.
I'm just not.
I am a very compassionate person.
I do not ever go around hurting people's feelings.
I am kind and considerate of everyone.
I am very accommodating.
I am inclusive.
HOWEVER...
I do not believe in "accepting" everything.
If it is liberal...
If it goes against my faith...
If it goes against my high standards...
If it goes against my morals/ethics...
I will speak my mind.
I still love YOU as a person.
I still respect YOU as a person.
But I may not agree with your actions or choices.
And that is Biblical.
Jesus Himself hung around the sinners and loved them.
He did not, however, accept their lifestyle.
I have been attacked more lately by friends and strangers alike for the way I think.
What bothered me the most was...
From a stranger...I can take it.
They don't know the real me.
They don't know I'm a kind, compassionate person who would never hurt anyone.
But when a friend attacks me...
THAT bothers me.
They KNOW what kind of person I am.
And that bothers me.
So...
I have begun to think...
Maybe it's time to just go back to being my quiet self.
Just like high school.
I will talk to friends.
"Small talk."
I will not engage in ANYTHING controversial, political, religious, or the likes.
People know where I stand.
I am beginning to think people don't really want your opinion.
They just like to stir the kettle.
So...
As I titled this post...
I think in those situations...
It's time to...
ZIP IT UP!

No comments:

Post a Comment