Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

So...what have I been up to?

Photobucket
Well...I am going to try to get back to more "personal" writing on the blog.
Anymore...it seems I'm only posting events, holidays, activities, or gripes, LOL!
But I really used to enjoy just "writing"...from my heart.
Things I enjoy, things that inspire me, what I am doing with my life, etc.

I've been a "BIT" busy.
I know...you say.
We're all busy.
But REALLY.
I've been REALLY busy.
Still am as a matter of fact.

Things have actually been "out of hand " busy.
Not only am I working 55+ hours a week running my childcare/preschool business.
That wasn't enough for this super-mom!
NO!
Not me!
I had to add more!

I have since added a part-time on the side baking business.
It's tiny.
But enough to stress me out when I have a project due.
Even though I LOVE LOVE LOVE it.
I'm a perfectionist and I stress until it's done.
Sweet Ivy Confections is the name.
We have a website, blog, Facebook page, and Twitter.
I've been doing birthday and holiday cakes, decorated cookies, cake pops, and other petite treats.
I love it.
It brings me complete bliss.
And I pray I can get into it full time some day!

Secondly...
I haven't told many people or really made it public.
Mostly because I have this fear.
I am taking classes again.
Correspondance/online classes.
I am going to be a certified medical transcriptionist.
My goal is to work from home full time doing this.
(And continue to build the baking job.)
I am halfway through the course.
And I am killing myself trying to get done.
It is a "work-at-your-own-pace" program.
But...
Because the instructor told me that it "COULD" be done in five months...
(if one were to go at it full time)

I thought I had to get done in five months.
I expected no less of myself.
Of course, I didn't factor in raising a family, running a childcare business full time, and baking part-time.
So...
I've blown my five month goal.
My new goal is to finish by the end of the school year.
I am putting WAY too much pressure on myself and it's killing me.
I mentioned that I had fear of making it public knowlege.
WHY?...you may ask.
Because a couple years ago, I went back to school for dental assisting and graduated from dental assisting school.
Well, I never found work in the field and I felt like all my time and money on the certification was a complete waste and I looked at myself as a failure.
Not that it really WAS me failing.
I graduated with high honors!
But the fact that there were no jobs when I graduated.
That made me feel like a failure.
And now...
I am having doubts with this program.

I worry.
Will there be jobs in this field when I graduate?
We were pretty much assured there would be.
The last phase of the program is pretty much geared toward helping you find a job.
Of course, there are no guarantees in life.
But they were pretty adament that their program was successful and their students did find work.
So...
I guess I really just need to quit worrying.
What will be will be.
God has the master plan.
I fail to remember that at times.

So those are some of the things I've been working on.
Just a little busy, eh?

I am also trying to lose a few pounds.
A few pounds found me over the holidays...
So they really need to SCRAM, GET LOST, and BEAT IT!
Jamie and I are doing The Food Lover's Diet.
I am trying to lose 10-15 pounds.
My fitness ball is back in my life.
I'm doing my crunches daily.
We are thinking of rejoining Snap Fitness.
So we have some goals we're working on there in our life too.

Hmmm...
Anything else?
Well...I think that's about it for tonight.
It's getting late.
I promise I'm going to try to write more personal posts.
I started this blog to not only share my family...
But to share my feelings.
And just to have some kind of record of our life to look back on over the years.

So with that...
I'll close for tonight.
Sweet dreams my friends!
xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment