Pages

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Glad Christmas is over???

I guess I just don't understand people.
I have seen and heard more people say they are glad Christmas is over lately.
Why?
Why are these people so glad it's over?
Yes...
It's A LOT of work decorating, buying/wrapping gifts, addressing cards, baking, cooking, going to gatherings.
But what is so terrible about all that?
Maybe I'm just still a child at heart?
I don't know.
Although it totally exhausts me...
There is something magical about sitting in the dark living room with only the glow of the Christmas tree lit up.
Nibbling Christmas cookies and munchies.
Running out to the mailbox each day getting Christmas cards.
It all just excites me.
I love it.
I always will.
I can understand people being tired.
Maybe wanting to get back to some kind of normalacy in life after all the hustle and bustle.
But to say they're "glad it's over"?
It's just so sad to me.
To be glad that the celebration of Christ's birth is over?
I just find it sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment