Pages

Monday, December 6, 2010

We haven't been up to much lately...

I haven't had many "family" posts lately...
But then...
As I always say...
We're pretty boring, LOL!
And that's ok...I like boring.
Teehee!
Nate has been learning to play the recorder in music class at school.
He's moving right along...
We all get to "enjoy" listening to him practice, LOL!

Nate goes on these streaks where he pulls old toys out of his room and "rediscovers" them.
He pulled out this "punching balloon" the other day and blew it up so huge...
Bigger than he should have...
We were lucky it didn't pop!
Anyway...you can see how big it is in comparison to Oreo (our cat).
Evan just had to snap a picture.
We've been having A LOT of lakeshore snow here.
Honestly, I don't mind the snow if I don't have to go anywhere.
And there's nothing like snuggling up in a blanket with your favorite kitty on a cold snowy day...
Am I right?

But then again...
Who needs snow?
There's nothing like snuggling your kitty ANY DAY!!!
LOL!

Oreo has discovered a new "perch".
Our reading chair...right in the corner window.
He found this niche on a bright sunny day and has been enjoying it ever since.

As I said...Nate always "rediscoveres" his toys...and I love that about him.
He's not quick to outgrow anything.
He tends to have the same philosophy with toys as the movie "Toy Story"...
"A toy is only happy if it's being played with"...
And it just so happens we had watched "Toy Story 3" and so Nate dug out Buzz and Woody...
Here you see Oreo being ever-patient while Nate tried to put Woody's hat on him.
Poor cat.
Ohhhh...he loves every minute of it!
Don't let him fool ya!

Success!

As I said, nothing better than sitting by the glow of the Christmas tree snuggled up with your favorite blanket and favorite kitty.

Sometimes I wonder what life will be like when/if Oreo is not around.
I can't imagine our life without him.
Those boys do love him so!
And truth be told...
So do I!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment