Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

My Valentine...Through The Years...


Little did I know, that night Monica asked me to come for a walk with you two how my life would change for the better.  I tried and tried to get out of going.  But she persisted.  None of us knew what would transpire over the next few months.
I liked you immediately...though you had a bit of an, um...assertive personality, LOL!

You told me later that you thought I didn't like you and that I was "blowing you off".  You said it was almost "three strikes and you're out".  I guess I came around, huh?
I was shy.  I wasn't blowing you off.
I adored you.
I worried you might break it off though after I splashed you that night at the fountain, LOL!
But you didn't.
We didn't have much.
But you made me feel like a princess.
You made me picnics during the World Series...hotdogs, popcorn, pop, and goodies as we watched.
I know...
I tricked you into thinking I liked sports.
But I just so desparately wanted to be around you.  Teehee!

We did it.
We got married.
I don't think anyone would have guessed we would do it or that it would work.
You being nine years older than me.
Our different upbringings and backgrounds.
But we're perfect for each other.
We balance each other out.
You've made me grow.
Stretch my limits.
Made me a better person.

Nothing can separate us.
NOTHING.
We have made it through some rough times.
Together.
Hospitalizations/NICUs of our newborn babies.
Lack of work.
Surgeries for you.
Complications with my medical condition.
Nothing horrible compared to some.
But trials.
And we get through them.
Because God brought us together.
And He will keep us together.


I love you.
Neither of us are outspoken in that regard.
But I do.
No one else would put up with me.
No one else would complete me.
You are the only one for me.
I <3 you!
Happy Valentine's Day...
Today...
And many more...
Forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment