Pages

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The "alternate" cake...

So...after the frozen butter cream transfer bit the dust (a.k.a. melted/clung to the wax paper)...
And after I had a complete meltdown...(complete with crying and yelling)...
I quickly came up with a new design...
Nothing majorly fancy...nothing extravagant...
Just a simple devils food cake with chocolate butter cream filling...iced with Wilton butter cream icing.
And some simple purple drop flowers with yellow centers...and some dots at the bottom and on the sides.
I decided to practice my writing skills since tomorrow is Nate's birthday and wish him a happy birthday. 
I thought it turned out pretty good for a last minute design.
I finished my class.
Got my certificate.
Will be taking a few months off...to get Ev through marching band/football season...
Then I'm hoping to start the Fondant and Gum Paste or Flowers and Cake Design course.
I can't wait to start baking/decorating more.
It's been a fun journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment