Pages

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Heaven rejoices...

You start reading your children Bible stories from the time they are born...
You pray at meal time and bed time...
You take them to church and involve them in activities/groups there...
And they start growing up...
And you start having "life" discussions...
And one day...
They really grow up.

Evan came home from his third Royal Ranger Pow Wow today.
And he told us all about his adventures, activities, meals, events, etc.
Later, as I was saying goodnight to him in his bedroom, he said, "I cried a whole lot the other night at campfire service."
I said, "Really?  Everything ok?"
He said, "Oh yeah, I just dedicated my life to Christ."
He told me how even though he knew all the stories of the Bible that we had taught him, grown up in church, talked with us about things of the Lord, prayed every day, read his Bible every night...
It just clicked with him in his heart that night that he needed to get serious and commit his life seriously to God.

I was so happy for him.
I hugged him.

I jokingly asked him if he stayed up late every night...and he said, "Well I did...but I was at the praise and worship hill praying for other boys."  What can you say to that!  ;)

His Senior Commanders have told us many things about Ev...his leadership, patience with and teaching the younger boys, etc.

Ev even told me that one of the other boys at camp told him that he reminded him of Gideon in the Bible...
Hmmm...

I am excited about seeing Ev grow up.
He has such a good head on his shoulders.
He is very grounded and stands up for the underdog, his faith, and what is right...and has no problem telling people so.

I pray he keeps his life always open to what God has in store...

No comments:

Post a Comment