Pages

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Shopping with boys is so much fun...NOT.

Ok, so shopping for shoes and clothes with two boys is not the most fun thing in the world to do.  Change your shopping excursion to video games and BINGO!  Let's go have some fun!  Woohoo!
But none the less, I can't complain too much.  They were sooooooo patient today, because this really was a SLOW, AWFUL shopping trip.  No selection in styles, sizes, etc.  Very limited.
We started at JC Penney and FINALLY found Ev a pair of shoes.  But NOTHING for Nate.
Nate's at a tricky size.  Size 6-6.5 in childrens or a size 7 in mens.  And the selection was NADA at JC Penney and Kohl's for him.  We finally wandered over to Shoe Carnival...but we've never really had much luck there in all the years we've lived here.  But to our surprise they had a Buy 1 Get 1 Half Off Sale going on.  An elderly gentleman who worked there came over to help us and was SOOOOOO knowledgable about shoes, feet, sizes, styles, etc.  He had a thick accent (though I couldn't tell what it was) and he was SOOOOO sweet and SOOOOOO helpful!  He measured Nate's feet and kept bringing size after size in style after style, helping Nate in and out of shoes.  He was just a sweetheart!  We finally found a nice pair for Nate and the salesman reminded us we could get another pair for half off.  Soooooo...since no one else needed shoes....MOMMY got to get some new shoes!  I had a REALLY hard time finding some, though I don't know why!  I had pick of the litter...yet I felt guilty for spending the money, guilty for taking so much time and making the boys wait, and just nothing was really jumping out at me!  I felt out of touch with shopping too.  I'm not exactly in one of those "mommy slumps"...but I just haven't spent a lot of time shopping for myself in a long time...so it felt weird.  I finally decided on these copper colored faux alligator skin pumps.  Jamie looked at my purse and said, "Look!  They match your bag perfectly!"  Sure enough they did!  They were a bargain too.  Regular $40.00...on sale for $14.98...so I got them for $7.49!!!  Woohoo!  I think they'll look cute with jeans or skirts.  I'm anxious to try them out!  Yay for bargains for mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment