Pages

Friday, August 6, 2010

Cake decorating...Take One!

Soooo...my kit FINALLY came in.  And...I FINALLY got a free night to FINALLY practice!
Soooo...here's some of my work!  LOL!  Please don't laugh!  It was my VERY FIRST attempt EVER with a pastry bag, LOL!  Here's some of the stars...I personally think that was one of the most easy things to master.  NOT that I've mastered it.  BUT it seems like a pretty easy, basic one.

These curved lines were a bit of a challenge...but that trim at the bottom didn't seem to be that hard.
Here's some of the shells.  They weren't too hard.  Not bad for the first time.  I'm not EVEN gonna post the leaves I attempted, LOL!  They were a disaster!  LOL!  I smell LOTS more practice on those!
Here's some drop flowers and star flowers I attempted.  Yes...I need lots more practice.  But it was fun!  Teehee!

I know I was jumping WAY ahead in our lesson book...but I couldn't resist trying this flower ahead of schedule.  Yes, it's a mess...but I had fun trying!
I just used the basic Wilton icing recipe with their butter flavoring.  It was pretty tasty...according to the boys who both licked the beaters, bowls, and spatula after I was done, LOL!
So...I think I'm gonna like this cake decorating thing.  It's gonna take a lot of practice...but it's gonna be a lot of fun!

1 comment: