Pages

Monday, August 9, 2010

The beginning of my cake decorating journey...

Cake number one.  After only one Wilton class.  No pattern, no instructions...just a little fun!
Just thought I'd share a few pics of my cake decorating journey.  I got very frustrated with this first one...I didn't have the long icing spatula and my handle kept getting in the part of the cake I already frosted...grrr!
Cake number two.  After lesson number two at my Wilton class.  My smoothing techniques are going to take a while to prefect.  I see a "little" improvement on this cake compared to the first.  It's a "little" smoother now that I have the long spatula.
I am trying HARD not to be so critical of my work.  That's a very difficult thing for me.  I'm a perfcetionist and tend to be my own worst critic.  But I am enjoying the class.  And I think with A LOT of practice...this just might be something I REALLY enjoy and could be half way decent at!  Stay tuned!  LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment