Pages

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Back to basics...the good stuff!

Photobucket
So I'm getting back to the basics...
The daily stuff I always said I'd write about.
Our day to day life...
With the fam.
Enough drama.
Life is too short to dwell on or worry about the future.
God is with us!
I bought our turkey for Thanksgiving today!
I'm about half way prepared for Thanksgiving dinner.
Just a little more shopping to do.
We are celebrating at home this year.
As much as I love being with family...
I am so exhausted...
Physically, mentally, and emotionally...
I'm looking forward to a long weekend at home just the four of us.
Looking forward to a yummy turkey dinner.
Looking forward to sleeping in all four days.
Looking forward to DECORATING FOR CHRISTMAS!
Yes...
Thanksgiving is always the "kick-off" to Christmas in our house.
It drives me nuts to see people jump the gun and decorate before Thanksgiving.
I always tell people...
Not till the last bite of turkey is eaten in our house!
LOL!
It should be interesting.
This year we are going to attempt a REAL tree for the first time in our married life!
(All 17 years!)
We are doing this in hopes that it will keep Oreo (our cat) out.
He loves to scale our fake tree, climb it, and then sleep on the branches!
And he's no lightweight!
He's somewhere around 14 pounds!
AND!!!
He steals my candycanes!
He goes prancing around the house with candycanes in mouth and then bats them around the hallway!
Crazy cat!
So...we are thinking...
With a real tree...
Maybe it will be "prickly" and he won't want to get into it.
(OUCH!)
Also, real trees limbs aren't as sturdy as fake trees so he won't be able to climb and lay in it.
WE'RE HOPING!!!
LOL!
Cross your fingers!!!
I'm looking forward to having some time off with the boys and my hubby.
Need to do a few things too.
Get Nate some winter boots.
Get some more frames for all the family pictures Wendy took for us so I can start the collage on the wall.
Just a little of this and that.
So that's what's been going on lately.
Here's to more day-to-day "basic" posts...
And less fear, worry, frustration.
Life is good!
We're so blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment