Pages

Saturday, November 20, 2010

The BIG, BAD, HORRIBLE MONSTER...a.k.a. "The Television" (ooooh shiver)

I have to say...
I am thankful for and LOVE my television.
I am not a tv addict.
I don't have it on all day long.
I don't sit around watching soaps.
I survive if I miss one of "my shows".
But I also have to say...
I LOVE MY TV.
Life is stressful.
Tv is one of my escapes from reality.
I love my dramas...
Medium
House
Lie To Me
I love my reality tv...
Survivor
The Biggest Loser
The Amazing Race
I love Food Network.
I love HGTV.
I do.
I love it all!
In my line of work, I get so many parents telling me how horrible they think tv is for children.
I'm sorry.
I don't think it is.
Sitting in front of a tv all day might be.
But there are some AWESOME educational shows out there!
I have seen first hand with my own kids and kids in my line of work, just how much they learn from some of these shows!
And then there's the silly ones,
The ones that annoy parents,
And maybe they're not so educational.
But do YOU sit around all day watching educational tv?
Are the books you read all educational?
Don't you ever just like to veg and watch something or read something for the fun of it?
I love SpongeBob Squarepants!
Bring on iCarly!
I don't care.
I monitor what my kids watch.
I just don't think tv is the big, bad monster all these people are making it out to be.
And the thing is...
All these adults saying tv is so terrible...
ALL GREW UP WATCHING IT!!!
I believe moderation is the key to everything.
Are the kids being creative?
Do they draw, play with blocks/legos, etc.?
Do they play outdoors and get some exercise?
GREAT!
Then there's nothing wrong with tv!
So this Thanksgiving season...
I for one...
AM THANKFUL FOR MY TV!!!
And all the entertainment it provides me!
And so...
"THE TRIBE HAS SPOKEN"
"YOU HAVE BEEN ELIMINATED FROM THE RACE"
and
"I'M SORRY TO TELL YOU, YOU'RE NOT THE BIGGEST LOSER"

LOL!
So go make a big bowl of popcorn and as they used to say...
"Turn on the boob-tube!"

LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment