Pages

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

I'm thankful for the little things...

This year...
I'm thankful for...
The simple things.

My lower-level bathroom FINALLY getting tiled.
(HATED that nasty linoleum!)

The trim around my garage getting replaced!
(Builders put up that cheap wood that cracked/rotted!)

That my upstairs bathroom WILL SOON BE tiled within the next couple weeks!
(Yucky carpet/linoleum will be gone FOREVER!)

A friend who is a handyman with reasonable prices who needs work, LOL!

Coupons.
(Those who know me well, need not ask more, LOL!)

Great deals found on photo prints!
(Thank-you Snapfish, Shutterfly, RitzPix, York, Walgreens!)

A new friend (WENDY!) who volunteered to do an outdoor family photo shoot for us!
(YOU ARE AMAZING WENDY AND WE LOVE YOU!)

Potato chips and french onion dip.
('Nuf said.)

Oreo Flower.
(My beautiful, silky, EXTREMELY naughty, but WONDERFUL, tuxedo rescue kitty!)

Jeans and sweaters.
(For those of us who never saw a size 0 or even a 2 for that matter, even as children...we are thankfully glad that your beloved swimsuit season is over and we can return to nice fitting jeans and beautiful warm sweaters to cover our "fluffiness".)

Baked goods.
(Pumpkin muffins, Cinnamon bread, Harvest Apple Cake, Snickerdoodle Pie, etc.)

Reality tv.
(Ok, even those who won't admit it, get sucked into it when no one is looking!  It rocks!)

Evan.
(My eldest son.  Disorganized.  Messy.  Compassionate.  Giving.  Gentleman.  Runner.  Lacrosse fan.  Chef-to-be.  My friend.)

Nathan.
(My youngest son.  Strong-willed.  Stubborn.  A friend to everyone.  Sympathetic.  Empathetic.  Loving.  Snuggly.  Bike rider.  Outdoor lover.  Chocolate fan.  My friend.)

Jamie.
(My husband.  My soulmate.  Assertive.  Bossy (LOL, well...).  Gentle giant.  Giving.  Caring.  Intelligent.  Wise.  Patient.  Awesome father.  Best friend.)

My God.
(Ever-patient.  Always loving.  Forgiving.)

This is my list for today.
I think it would do us ALL good to make these lists more often.
It is my goal to make at least one...each week until Thanksgiving arrives.
(Hopefully three more will appear!)

No comments:

Post a Comment