Pages

Saturday, November 20, 2010

"Not till the last bite of turkey is eaten!"

I never as a child put much thought into Thanksgiving.
But now that I'm getting older (yeah, 38 is old!)...
I get a little more sentimental and enjoy Thanksgiving so much more.
I look forward to being home that day with my family.
Just relaxing.
Being in the kitchen, smelling all the wonderful scents!
I am so blessed to have a hubby who will prepare and cook the turkey.
Because I have NO CLUE how to prepare a bird...
And furthermore...
Touching raw poultry grosses me out!
I know, silly...
But thank-you honey for tending to that chore!

I can't wait to just veg all day with my babies and hubby.
The boys are off school all week.
I only wish I was off work all week!
But alas...I'll take my four day weekend!
As Thanksgiving draws closer, I start seeing Christmas decorations, lights, displays, etc.
I can handle the Christmas music early.
I'm ok with that.
I listen to the two radio stations that have already got it playing non-stop till Christmas.
But what I can NOT handle is all the decorations.
Can we PLEASE give Thanksgiving its due time?
Please?
I am so thankful for my husband, my babies, my kitty, my home, my car, my church, and so much more!

Now...
IT'S TIME!
As I always tell everyone else...
No Christmas decorations...
"Not till the last bite of turkey has been eaten!"
LOL!
At our house...
The Christmas season is kicked off...
Right after Thanksgiving dinner!
THEN...
And ONLY then...
Do we haul out all the boxes of Christmas decorations.
THEN...
Do the little turkeys, pumpkins, cornucopias, and autumn leaves get put away.
NOW...
You may haul out the Christmas tree!
But not a moment sooner!
LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment