Pages

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Meatball Tortellini

So, after getting tired of so many of our old "stand-by" meals...and looking through all my old "Quick Cooking" magazines...I came across this recipe and we're trying it tonight! I have it in my crockpot right now and it smells delicious! I took one little taste...and all I'll say is...YUM!
(I know, this comes after me complaining about my weight yesterday, LOL!)


Meatball Tortellini

1 pkg. (16 oz) frozen California blend vegetables, thawed
1 pkg. (14 oz) frozen cooked Italian meatballs, thawed
2 c. uncooked cheese or beef tortellini
2 cans (10 3/4 oz each) cream of mushroom soup
2 1/4 c. water
1 tsp Creole seasoning***

In a 3 qt. slow cooker, combine all of the above ingredients and mix well. Cook on low for 3-4 hours or until tender.

***The following spices may be substituted for Creole seasoning...1/2 tsp each paprika, garlic powder, and a pinch of each cayenne pepper, dried thyme, and ground cumin.

No comments:

Post a Comment