Pages

Thursday, April 22, 2010

My babies...


The more I work with other people's children...
The more I am thankful for the sons God has given us personally.
Our boys are so laid back...so easy...respectful...mild-mannered...obedient...kind...gentle...GOOD.
They are not perfect by ANY means.
They argue...they get sassy...they whine...they're messy.
But we have guided them as they've grown...and I think for the most part, they are turning out to be wonderful young men.
As I work with more and more children...
I would be MORTIFIED if I EVER found out that MY children were acting the way these kids do now!
We can't TOTALLY blame the kids themself.
Parenting plays a HUGE role in how children turn out.
I think so many kids are gone all day to daycare, school, programs, activities, sports, etc...that when the parents finally "get them"...they just give in to anything and everything to avoid meltdowns.
Well...I don't play that game.
I don't believe in tantrums.
I don't believe in mistreating others.
I don't believe in mistreating other people's property.
I know all kids have bad days.
I know they get over-tired.
I know they get over-stimulated.
I know they get cranky.
But I also have been in this field long enough to get a good handle on the child's general disposition after working with them for a certain amount of time.
It just amazes me the way some of these kids act.
I truely wonder what happens when they go to school.
I truely wonder what will happen when they are adults.
Heaven help us.
(shaking head)

1 comment:

  1. They need to see Jesus love shining through you. They just want to be loved.

    ReplyDelete