Pages

Thursday, April 23, 2009

I just wish...



I had never thought about it this way...but after sharing all my super coupon deals and money-saving tips with friends...one of my christian mom friends said to me, "You continue to be blessed!"
I had never thought about it that way.
I knew that saving money on groceries, cleaning products, toiletries, and household items was a good thing...but a "blessing"?
I had never considered it a blessing!
BUT IT IS!!!
Just at the same time Jamie lost his job...THAT is the PRECISE time I was told about SavingsAngel by a friend. That is when I learned of all these great coupon blogs.
I have been truely blessed to have certain people enter my life at the right time, share blogs and sites with me, give me tips and help educate me on the new way of life...it truely is a BLESSING!
My freezer, cabinets, and pantry are overflowing with food, cleaning products, toiletries, laundry items, etc.
I knew I was helping my family by saving money or in some cases, spending the same but bringing home 5-10 times as much...but I never thought I was being blessed!
But I am.
Thank you God for bringing the right people into my life at the right time and teaching me this new way of life!
What I just wish...
I just wish that EVERYONE out there could see the benefits of doing this!
I don't mean to sound mean or hurtful...
But in some cases, I almost feel it's a little laziness. I don't have any more time on my hands than anyone else. We all have 24 hours in the day. I work 52 1/2 hours a week. My boys are involved in church activities, band, sports, school activities, and such. We are always on the go for something.
But I MAKE the time to sit down each week and cut out the coupons, organize and file them, get online and make my lists with SavingsAngel, check the blogs, print more coupons.
It almost makes me a little irritated to hear some people say they are struggling financially but then spend needless money at the store.
Once again this week at Meijer...I watched the woman in front of me...she had probably 1/3 of what I had in my cart. I spent $50.00. She spent $135.00.
I just don't have the extra money to "WASTE". And when I have a little extra...I'd much rather put that toward a weekend get-away for my family, a new outfit, something for my boys or hubby, or the house.
I just wish everyone could see the value in this way of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment