Pages

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Happy 9th birthday sweet Nathan!



August 25, 2000
Today we celebrate our dear sweet Nathan's ninth birthday.
Nathan has always been about routine and schedule.
Even right to his due date...he came RIGHT ON his due date!
It wasn't enough that big brother Evan had to spend two weeks in the NICU...Natee had to give a little scare too. Nate swallowed some meconium during his delivery and while suctioning it out, one of his vocal chords was damaged...so he had to spend an extra day in the hospital...after mommy came home. Coming home TWICE empty handed just isn't even right! But thankfully, he was released fairly quickly. He was born on Friday evening, mommy came home on Sunday...and Nate was able to come home on an apnea monitor by Monday evening. He stayed on his monitor for about a month and after some tests at Spectrum Hospital...they determined it had healed and there was no need for his monitor. YAY!
Nathan is my precious boy.
Some have joked that the umbilical chord was never cut, LOL!
He was always attatched at the hip to his mommy!
Evan was always happy to sit in his bouncey, walker, swing, etc.
Not my Natee!
Nate was always in my arms, on my hip, or on the floor right next to me.
He's my baby...always has been...always will be...
I remember seeing Nate for the first time and thinking he was beautiful...but to be honest, the first thing I noticed was his nose. LOL! It wasn't big...it was just very...prominent. LOL! I remember the nurse giving him his first bath in the nursery and saying, "Wow! What an awesome nose!" LOL! He has "grown into" his nose now. But it is still unique and beautiful! In fact, I will never forget the day we were at Starbucks, and the pretty young gal behind the counter said to Nate, "WOW! Look at your profile! People would pay for your nose!" LOL! Well, that was a new one! LOL! Never heard that before! LOL! He didn't quite know what to think! I explained it was a compliment. LOL!
Nate is my special boy.
He is so much fun.
We have such great chats together.
He talks from the minute he wakes up...till the minute his eyes close at bedtime.
My Grandma Malone would have loved him if she'd have gotten to meet him! They'd have had great chats!
Nate loves being outdoors.
He is always on the move.
He loves shooting baskets.
He loves Star Wars.
He loves Legos.
He loves his friends.
And get ready for this girls...he LOVES CHOCOLATE!!!
I keep telling him, he's gonna really get along with the ladies! LOL! We girls love our chocolate!
Natee...I love you so much!
I can't believe you're nine years old.
You're almost as tall as me!
You will always be our special boy.
Keep Jesus #1 and continue to be the wonderful friend you are to everyone.
I hope you have a very blessed birthday sweet boy!
Love and hugs,
Momma

2 comments:

  1. Awww....what a great post! Happy Birthday Nate!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww...that is so sweet! happy birthday Nate and Mel... ALL of mine have some bizarre birth story...as though they are working to try and "outdo" the older... Chloe of course being the 1st girl had to be a drama queen and managed to get home ONLY to be transported by ambulance to the NICU the next day... o I was soooo scared!! But's it's all good now and as I look at her crawling all over.. .I already miss those teeny tiny days! The grow so fast don't they? Not fair!! I hope nate is always your buddy!

    ReplyDelete