Pages

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Sixteen years and counting...Happy Anniversary!!!


































August 7, 1993...


Today we celebrate our sixteenth wedding anniversary.


I have to say that it is something I honestly never pictured. Not that we wouldn't make it this far...but that I'd never even GET married.


There is nothing more that I ever wanted in my life than to become a wife and mother. Yet somehow, I never thought it would happen. I often wondered who would want the shy, awkward, bookworm of girl that I was.


But...God had other plans.


I know some people remember the exact "day" they met their special someone, and call me terrible, because I can't recall the exact day. Except that it was late summer, right after coming back from an AIM trip...my good friend Monica and I went out for dinner after evening church. We were at Chi Chi's and I remember asking her as we finished up if she wanted to go walking as we did a lot on campus. But this particular time, she said she had to take her friend (Jamie) to the grocery store because his car was in the shop. She told me to come along and then we could all three go walking after he finished up shopping. I kept telling her no, that I didn't want to impose. She kept insisting that I come. So finally I did.


Well, as fate would have it, we continued to do things together as a group, all three of us...until he finally asked me out...alone.


We have been inseparable ever since!


We were engaged three months after meeting. I guess when you know it's the right person...you know!


Except for when we were working or going to school, we were together. I think I was walking around with my head in the clouds for the entire nine months of our engagement. I remember my mom helping us plan the wedding and asking, "What do you think about these flowers?" or "Do you like this color?" I would answer with a "Sure, whatever...that's great!" I remember her getting flustered because I wouldn't give her any input on the wedding. I was just happy...and in LOVE!


Jamie is my everything.


We are so different...night and day.


We balance each other out and bring out the best in each other.


We came from such different backgrounds but agree on all the important things.


He has pushed me to become the person I am today.


I am better because of him.


I am stronger because of him.


He is my rock.


He is my best friend.


I love him more than the world.


I can't imagine my life without him in it.


He is funny, strong, sensitive, caring, so very generous, kind, loving, a wonderful father...everything I need and more.


Soulmates...together forever...


I love you!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment