Pages

Friday, August 21, 2009

It's the little things...

Many have heard me say it...time and time again..."It's the little things in life that really make my day"...that make me happy...that truly bless me...that get me through each day!



Some of little day to day things that really make my day are...



Calla lilies...seeing these flowers remind me of how creative God is. They are so beautiful and delicate...like little rolled delicacies.

Cooking and trying new recipes...I so enjoy trying yummy new recipes for my family. Jamie and I have come across so many great recipes together just browsing the newspaper. We clip them out and add them to our "favorites" folder and they become our tried and true "go to" meals time and time again.

Reece's Pieces...need I say more? Nate and I have developed a shared love for these and end up taking them on most of our family vacations. If they are in our house...at any time...it's dangerous for me...they do not last long!


Shoes...what else can I say? This pair says it all. Pink stilletos with bows? I mean, how much more feminine and girly can one get? I LOVE THEM!!! I am a shoe addict...although I must say, in recent years, I have really curbed my addiction. When you have children, and especially as they start getting older...their needs...and usually wants too, come first.





I don't think ANYTHING can make me happier than a good hair day. When I get a good hair cut and style and it's something I can do quick and easy on my own, I am one happy camper. Bad hair + Melody = You don't even wanna be around me.




A good romance novel is tops with me. Give me a Nicholas Sparks or Susan Wiggs book and some time alone...you won't hear from me...till I'm done!















A massage...I have only ever had one professional massage in my life. But let me say...it is better than anything else in the world! I got off that table with "jello-legs". AMAZING!






Make-up...period. You'll really see me happy when I get new make-up! I ADORE getting new make-up! I suppose it could be because I'm so dependant on it. You will NEVER see me without it. The only people that EVER see me without make-up are my husband and sons. PERIOD.







Magazines...walking out to the mailbox and getting a magazine instantly brings a smile to my face! And lately since I started reading Deal Seeking Mom's blog, there are SO many FREE magazine subscriptions out there! So let me tell you...this has been one happy momma!









Manicures and pedicures...professional of course is preferred...but who has the time and money for such frills...except for the rare special occasion. Even a "fresh coat" on the fingers and toes can make a girl feel like a new woman!














Gardening...I call it stress relief and therapy! Pulling weeds instantly brings me stress relief and the gratification of anger release! Of course there's also nothing like getting your hands dirty each spring and planting the flowers, but I totally enjoy the weeding aspect as well. I do have to admit though, by mid-August, I am starting to get a little burnt out on all the watering and such...











Great music...David Cook, Daughtry, Michael Buble'...these are just some of my new favs. Love music from the 80's and early 90's. Always true to the contemporary christian music I grew up with as well. Great music will always put a spring in your step!








A day off work...NOTHING...and I do mean NOTHING...is better than A DAY OFF WORK!!! PERIOD!!!










Coupons!!! Anymore, I enjoy couponing more than scrapbooking, stamping, knitting, YOU NAME IT! It has become more than a way to save money, it is a fun pass-time, a hobby if you will...but most of all, a way of life...and I LOVE IT!
Pringles Select Parmesan Garlic...OH MY GOSH...these are my addiction...they are becoming harder and harder to find. And I am just praying they don't quit making them! These are my ALL TIME favorite potato chip! I swear, I could buy them in bulk!
Mackinac Island...we will probably never vacation any where else again. This historical island is near and dear to our heart. Our family loves it. We would all live there year round if we could. We love the slow paced life these island folks lead. Such a spirit of community the island folks have. We have done the touristy stuff. When we go...we do stay at Mission Point Resort...but we just enjoy sitting...by the fireplace...by the lake...enjoying our coffee...a good book...hiking the trails...walking...talking...relaxing...enjoying each other's company and the beauty of the island.
A good thunderstorm. No one else appreciates a good storm like I do. They complain it ruins their plans. They complain they can't sleep. They complain they lose power. They complain their satellite goes out. Me? I enjoy the rumbles of thunder. The light show put on by lightening. The sound of the rain. BUT...I do have to say...I only want to be HOME enjoying my storms. I don't want to be out driving in one...that does make me a little nervous. LOL!
What are your favorite things? Some of God's creativity? Some great junk food? Your old comfy jeans? Snuggling with your cat? (Oh I forgot that! I love snuggling with Oreo! LOL!) Tell me what you love!

No comments:

Post a Comment