Pages

Saturday, August 15, 2009

My year to date savings...









Well, I am nowhere near my coupon queen "idols" yet...LOL!
But I wanted to share my success so far for this year.

So far my spending and savings have been...

Walgreens:
Total worth...$1088.82
Total spent...$465.99
Total saved...$622.83
I was very happy with my Walgreens shopping this year. I saved more than I spent. In a word, I really MADE money on them! Now that's a nice feeling!

Target:
Total worth...$340.90
Total spent...$138.26
Total saved...$202.64
Actually, now that I look at it...I saved more than I spent at Target too! I guess I made money on them too! Cool!

K-Mart:
Total worth...$281.66
Total spent...$148.72
Total saved...$132.94
Close. I almost saved as much as I spent. That is always my goal at each shopping trip...to save as much or more than I spend.

Meijer:
Total worth...$3512.76
Total spent...$2040.35
Total saved...$1472.41
This is where I do the majority of my FOOD shopping. I do really good everywhere else saving and stockpiling on things such as cleaning products, toiletries, and household items. But food is somewhere I'm still learning the ropes. I am still trying to really learn how much to buy of each food item. I am still trying to learn the sale flyer and coupon cycles. But I think I did really well so far! Just the thought of paying full price for anything kills me! That is my goal to NEVER pay full price for ANYTHING. To be so stockpiled on everything, that I have enough of it, that I never have to pay full price when I run out and something isn't on sale. I have to say, all in all...I am very pleased with myself so far. I have learned so much from Savings Angel (which I no longer use, I'm going it alone!), my fellow couponing moms, money-saving blogs, etc. I am eternally grateful for everyone who has taught me and helped me so much thus far!
Happy couponing to all!

1 comment: