Pages

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

"I don't have time for this!"...said my rude cashier at Walmart.

So, as Nate and I headed off to Walmart today for cat food (Meijer no longer sells our brand, grr!)...I figured I might as well bring my high value coupons and do a little shopping as well.  I'll tell you all about my savings in a moment...but first I have to share about my extremely RUDE cashier! 
Whenever I use a lot of coupons, I make sure I am very patient and very polite with my cashier.  I engage in chit-chat and want him/her to know I'm friendly, not trying to scam, patient, and doing my best to make their job easier.
So Nate and I proceed to the check-out...and after she scans all the coupons...she THROWS them in a pile (instead of placing them where they go) and she shouts "I don't have time for this!".  Well how rude it that?!?!
I turned and said, "Have a great day!  Thank-you!"
But I do plan to use their online survey about my visit today and see what happens!
I mean seriously...don't yell at me because I'm trying to save my family money!  You of all people (making minimum wage) should understand just how hard it is in this economy to make a decent living and pay the bills!  So don't yell at me for using my coupons!  Sheesh!
So anyway...enough of the bad...
On to the good...
I got some GREAT deals...
Good Life cat food...$4.48...used a $2.00 coupon...paid $2.48 (got 3 bags for that price).
Satin Care shave gel...$1.97...used a $1.00 coupon...paid 97 cents (got 3 cans for that price).
Friskies cat treats...$1.42...used a $1.00 coupon...paid 42 cents (got 2 bags for that price).
Shick disposable razors...$5.47...used a $3.00 coupon...paid $2.47.
Cinnabon cereal...$2.00...used a $1.00 coupon...paid $1.00.
Ready Rice...$1.78...used a $1.00 coupon...paid 78 cents.
Ready Rice...$1.78...used a 75 cent coupon...paid $1.03.
Danonino yogurt...$2.00...used a $1.00 coupon...paid $1.00.
Danimals Crush Cups yogurt...$2.00...used a $1.00 coupon...paid $1.00.
Ronzoni pasta...$1.50...used a $1.00 coupon...paid 50 cents.
Ronzoni pasta...$1.50...used a 75 cent coupon...paid 75 cents.

My tally...
Before coupons...$42.07
After coupons...$20.93

I saved more than I spent...maybe that's what upset her???  LOL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment