Pages

Friday, July 16, 2010

Running on fumes today...

So...

Last night Jam and I spent the whole night in the ER at ZCH.

He thought he "pulled something" in his back.

But as the pain got worse and worse and soon became unbearable...we decided it had to be something more and better get it checked out.

The nurses and doctor were so nice.

The doctor knew immediately what it was (though she still ordered a cat scan to confirm it).

A kidney stone.

Who'd have thought?

Crazy.

Poor fella.

He was in unbearable pain.

And several of my girlfriends who've had them have told me they'd rather give birth than endure another kidney stone.

It was awful.
He had four doses of various pain-killers intravenously and also some vicodin orally.
It really didn't even touch the pain for the most part.
I felt so helpless.

Both of us were up all night...but I went ahead and worked on Friday...muddled through. I don't know if it was the extra large iced coffee I sipped on all day or the grace of God...but I didn't even feel that tired.

By Friday night, it was a different story. I was dead.
I think we both went to bed around 10:30 pm...which is extremely early for both of us. I slept off and on all night, but woke every few hours to check on Jam...who didn't sleep at all...again.

So he's now it's been since Wednesday night that he had a full night's sleep. Between the excruciating pain and vomiting...he was up all night last night as well.

We think we finally figured out what was causing the majority of the vomiting...the vicodin. So now I am cutting all his pills in half and he's only taking half the dose. This stinks because now he isn't able to mask the pain...but what do you do? Be in pain? Or vomit all day? Gee...hmm...what a choice?

We've been told to "flush flush flush" him out with fluids. I've been bringing him waterbottles, lemonade, and his sparkling grape water.

I just feel so helpless. I have NEVER seen such pain on him.
He was literally shaking he had so much pain. He had chills...yet was sweating...it was awful.

It has been a LONG two days. The dr. said it should pass within 1-3 days.
Welllllll...
WE'RE WAITING!!!
Please Lord...I don't know how much more pain and vomiting he can take...

No comments:

Post a Comment