Pages

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Instant adrenaline/energy when it comes to my family!


You know...
It's amazing how...when it comes to my family...no matter how tired, sluggish, or lazy I'm feeling...if they're hurt or sick...NOTHING gets in my way!!!
I'm THERE!
In a flash!
Light-speed!
Today we were taking the kids for a walk.
I was pulling the wagon...with THREE heavy toddlers in it.
It was hot...muggy...I was tired...sluggish...sweaty...irritable...dragging...up the hill...ugh...miserable.
Then I saw it...
Nate was riding his scooter...up ahead of us...and...
BOOM.
Down he went.
I could see he was crying...but he bounced back up fairly quick...
You should've seen me take off RUNNING with that heavy old wagon full of toddlers up the hill!!!
Their pigtails and curls were flyin' in the wind!
This momma was BOOKIN'!!!
I WAS ON A MISSION TO SAVE MY BABY!!!
His knee was pretty messed up.
He had quite the scrape...bleeding, a bruise, and quite a bump.
We rushed home with all the kids and cleaned Nate up, sprayed him with Bactine, put some triple-antibiotic cream and a bandage on it, and he was good to go. He had a bit of a scrape on his hand too. He was starting to feel the brunt of the fall...so we gave him some Tylenol too.
He's doing pretty good now...milking it of course...giving us the "poor me" deal, LOL...Nate's pretty good at that, LOL!
It just kinda dawned on me later...how when we're at our most tired, least energy, feeling our worst...that adrenaline really kicks in when it comes to our family!
NOBODY gets between me and my fam when they're down and out!

1 comment:

  1. I love the Beeee's!! Cute! I know what you mean, when Chloe was having a hard time after surgery, I didn't even think about how tired I was until LONG after we were home. Glad the Grand Nate is doing ok! {ps...you'll have too teach me to make one of those windows with the sliding images you have on the sidebar...NIFTY!}

    ReplyDelete