Pages

Sunday, July 11, 2010

"I married my best friend"

I finally saw the movie "Valentine's Day".
I'm a sucker for most romantic comedies...aka "chick flicks".
And thankfully...my hubby will endure them with me and usually enjoy them too.
This one was pretty cute.
One of my favorite lines in the movie was:

Reed: "Tell me somethin’, how did you and your wife get it so right?"
Alphonso: "It’s easy…I married my best friend."

I wonder how many people can say they married their best friend?
I know I did.
I sometimes think if people weren't looking so hard for the tall, dark, and handsome knight in shining armor...or the one who gives them non-stop butterflies in their stomach...or the one who always makes them feel good...or the one who needs to always be romantic 100% of the time...
Maybe there wouldn't be so many break-ups, let-downs, broken hearts, and divorces.
Maybe...
Just maybe...
If we not only fell in love...
But we married our BEST FRIEND...
We'd find that we too can "get it so right".

No comments:

Post a Comment