Pages

Friday, September 24, 2010

Do you like "ME" or the image I portray?

Today I had a thought...
I started wondering...
How many people REALLY know me?
I don't mean,
How many people know me better than others?
Not in the sense of "what level" do you know me.
But how many people REALLY know the REAL Melody.
I was REALLY thinking about this today.
And I have come to the conclusion...
That only two know me inside and out.
Of course God knows me inside and out...
He created me.
But the other person is my husband.
Honestly,
I think he's the only person that knows EVERY single thing about me.
Good, bad, and the ugly.
And this isn't a "poor me" post.
This was more of a "revelation" that came to me.
The thought that came to me was...
Is that I personally don't LET people get to know the REAL me.
I don't.
I just don't.
It's totally on me.
My fault.
If you can call it that.
And I don't know if it's a good thing, a bad thing, or something that really doesn't matter.
I mean,
People know "who" I am for the most part...
That doesn't change.
Most people know these things about me:
I'm a loyal friend to the end.
A good listener.
Giving.
Love cats.
Love Mackinac Island.
CDA Xs two
(Certified Dental Assistant and Child Development Associate)
I own a daycare.
I'm a coupon queen.
I have two sons.
I love being a mom.
I love my hubby!
I adore Twilight.
I enjoy gardening.
I am learning cake decorating.
I'm a girly-girl.
Love pink and yellow.
Love yellow roses and calla lillies.
Love anything sparkly.
Love high heels and flip flops.
Jewelry + Me = Happiness (LOL!)
Most people know these things about me.
But most people also assoicate the following with me:
Quiet.
Laid back.
Passive.
Christian.
And along with those things...many people think:
Doesn't drink.
Doesn't smoke.
Doesn't party.
Doesn't curse.
Strong family values.
High standards.
Yes...
You would be right on all counts.
But that might lead some to think...
BORING.
Guess what?
I'M NOT!
I can also be...
Funny.
Quick witted.
Crazy.
Silly.
Outrageous.
And some of you probably have no clue...
I have some quirky habits.
I have some weird taste in tv/movies.
I listen to pretty much the whole spectrum of music...(surprised aren't you!)
My thoughts and opinions are probably something you'd never guess coming from me!
I have some things I'm not proud of too...
I am impatient (the older I get, the worse I get).
I am moody.
I am extremely opinionated.
I am overly sensitive.
I can say mean things...yes, I do, and I'm not proud.
See...
There's a whole lot you don't know about me.
And I don't know...
Is it just me?
Or do you do that too?
Do you "present" a different you to people?
Or do you just let it all hang out?
What ya see is what ya get?
I'm trying really hard to balance the two now that I've made this discovery.
I'm trying to let the "real" me out...
At least the good aspects of the real me, LOL!
I'm trying to bring the me that I present, and the me that's real...
TOGETHER!
Wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment