Pages

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Excitement, stress, chaos...


I hate to say it...
But it seems that "I" am a little more in love with the whole marching band experience than Evan is.  I'm really bummed about that.  I ADORE marching bands and was so excited as he "graduated" from middle school band to high school marching band.
Well, after going to band camp, all these Monday night rehearsals, etc...he is not really enjoying it that much.
I have to say that it really disappoints me because I love marching bands so much.
Everything about them.
He has only been to one "track band" football game...so he hasn't even been in full uniform or done any of the half-time shows yet.  I am hoping after this Friday's game he will have a change of heart.
I do have to say, it is FAR more comitted and chaotic than I ever imagined.
It requires A LOT...not only of the student, but the family too.
Band camp, Monday night rehearsals, being early to all the games, festivals, concerts, parades, etc.
Very tiring.
And sooooo many things are falling on the same day as "band events".
I see he has a marching invitational on the same day as Homecoming dance for crying out loud!
I do wish they'd put a little more thought into the planning of certain things.
I know he'll want to go to the dance, so I hope he'll be done with the invitational before the dance starts.
Surely other kids will be questioning this too.
Oh, I'm sure it will all work out.
(We'll see...)

I have been rather stressed lately.
Feels like we haven't been able to rebound since our trip to Chicago.
I feel like the house is a mess.
I feel exhausted.
I feel like life has been chaos since that trip.
It was a fun trip, but non-stop exhaustion as well.
And we came back and had to start school/work the very next day.
I hate doing that.
I say it every year when we take a trip.
But no one listens to me.
But then again, no one else has to catch up the laundry, dishes, housework, making sure school things are in order, etc.
Ho-hum...what's a mom to do?
Anywho...

I am excited about one thing.
We do have one thing going for us.
Jam was able to schedule one last "us only" trip before winter sets in.
We are going away for his birthday.
Just the two of us.
My parents will keep the boys.
YES!
And it's our kind of trip.
No plans.
Nothing to do.
Just sit on our behinds and do nothing.
YES!

So...until then...
We keep chugging along.
Trying to keep up with work, household chores, the boys schoolwork, events, church, etc.

Come on October!  Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment