Pages

Monday, September 20, 2010

Nervous for them?

I can't help it.
I'm a nervous, worry-wart by nature.
I shouldn't be.
It's bad for your health.
It's bad for your skin.
I should give it to God.
But by nature, I worry.

I worry not only ABOUT my kids...
But FOR my kids.

I worry each day when I log on the Parent Portal to check Evan's grades...
Fearful he's missing an assignment or didn't do well on a test.

I worry about his social life.
Will she yes when he asks her to the dance?
Will she break his heart someday?
Will he get hurt by other kids careless words or actions?

I worry about Nate.
I worried until he learned to ride a bicycle.
(Whew, we finally mastered that one!)
I worry will he learn to swim?
I worry will his sweet little sensitive self get his feelings hurt?

I worry less about myself now...
(I guess that's a good thing.)
And more about them.

Though I guess I shouldn't worry.
I need to channel it into "concern"...
And how can I help them with each situation.


So...
Here's to my new goal...
Guidance WITHOUT worry!

No comments:

Post a Comment