Pages

Monday, June 6, 2011

Blessings come from trust...

My business is going to be going through a very lean phase this summer.
It will be tough.
We will survive.
But it's hard not to worry.
Sometimes it's even hard to believe that verse I am claiming:

And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:19


But on Sunday morning at church, Pastor Sam was speaking about giving before offering time.
He talked about how difficult it is to trust and let go in those tough times.
My husband has a more difficult time "releasing" that envelope in the difficult times, because he is the one who does our bills and manages our finances.
But we did it.
We released that envelope with the full tithe.

On our tithing envelopes at church they are printed:
"As I bring in today's tithe and offerings, I am believe the Lord for:
Benefits...Settlements...Jobs or Better Jobs...Raises & Bonuses...Resurrected Stocks & Bonds...Sales & Commissions...Checks In The Mail...Gifts & Surprises...Found Money...Bills Paid Off...Debts Cancelled...Royalties Received...Multiplication...New Businesses...Clever Inventions...Increased Buying Power"

We pray that over our giving each week at church.
When things are going well financially, I don't think we really stop and think about it much.
But when we are struggling, (like now), it REALLY hit home (for me at least).

We placed that envelope into the basket.

Today...
I woked up and logged into my e-mail...I ALMOST deleted an e-mail from a name I didn't recognize.  I just barely caught the word "cookie" and "baking" (which is my passion) so I opened it up.  Last night, there was a drawing on one of the baking blogs I follow.  I rarely enter these because there are so many people and I never win.  It was nearly 11:00pm and the drawing was about to close.  I figured, "what the heck"...so I entered.  That e-mail I received today was informing me that my name had been drawn and I won!  I won a lovely ceramic berry basket, filled with strawberry cookies, and a strawberry cookie cutter!  "GIFTS & SURPRISES" was printed on that envelope/prayer!  Now I know that isn't going to help my financial situation, but sometimes these little "gifts/surprises" that God throws our way have a way of lifting our spirits...I know it did mine!  Thank-you God for that nice little surprise!

Then, my one part-time client showed up today...the income I make off of this family is so minuscule, that I don't even really think about it or consider it in the scope of things...but today...they asked if they could ADD hours!  Again, this is not going to be a HUGE difference in my finances, but again...a small "RAISE" to what I already make!


I know these things may seem small...and they don't make a BIG difference in the scope of things, but I am believing that things are going to get BETTER and BETTER.  Because I believe as long as we are faithful, God WILL bless us!  We have to trust Him, and release!

Dear God,
As we continue to be faithful with our giving, we believe you will provide for us and take care of us.  We do not give to receive.  But we know that when we trust you, you DO bless us!
We pray our giving will further Your kingdom!
In Jesus Name,
AMEN!




Then Jesus said to his disciples: “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. For life is more than food, and the body more than clothes. Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds! Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to your life? Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest? Luke 12:22-26

No comments:

Post a Comment