Pages

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

New techniques, experiments...so much fun!

I had seen these cookies done multiple times on many of the baking blogs I follow.

I always wanted to try making them.

But never had the courage.

And by stroke of luck...what was on the cover of Martha Stewart Living when it arrived in the mail this month?
Yes...these cookies!
I followed the simple instructions and they were super easy and so pretty!
For the first time ever, I'd say they turned out pretty good!
Though, I do think if I'd have thinned my Royal Icing a bit more, I wouldn't have had the lines.
Oh well!
Live and learn!

Next up was cake pops!
I got the BabyCakes cake pop maker for Mother's Day and still hadn't tried it out.
So, I decided o make a gift basket for my dad for Father's Day filled with cake pops and cookies!
It was SUPER easy to use.
Neat and clean.
Quick!
I loved it!

I actually used a brownie mix and made brownie pops.

Since this was my first time, I wasn't sure what the best coating was, so I tried one of the recipes in the BabyCakes recipes book.

I hope dad liked it!

I decided since it was June, I'd go with a summer theme.

I put them in a little sand pail w/ a shovel.

And when I think of summer, I always think red, white, and blue.

The finished product.

It was a lot of fun.

I hope dad enjoyed it!

I can't wait to try more flavors.

Extra cookies in a favor bag.

I could bake, decorate, and experiment all day!

No comments:

Post a Comment