Pages

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Mackinac Island...our home away from home...


So the hubs and I took our usual "couples only" get-away last weekend.
We took our usual long weekend to Mackinac Island.
We stayed at the Harbor View Inn this time.
We've been to this inn twice and really enjoyed our stay.
Very clean.  Very friendly staff.  Nice.
We had a great time.
As you can see, all of the tulips back home are long gone, but they are bursting with color at the island.

I think tulips are one of my favorite flowers.
Along with lilacs...and calla lillies...and yellow and pink roses...and...

Ah yes, the sea gulls...
So cute...
And so annoying all at the same time, LOL!

One of my favorite spots.
The Mission Point Gazebo.
There was a beautiful wedding there on Saturday.
We were sitting on the lawn in the adirondack chairs as it took place...all TWELVE MINUTES of it!  Sheesh!  I know we had a long ceremony (an hour)...but seriously, TWELVE MINUTES?!?
All that planning and money for TWELVE MINUTES?!?!  Sorry, I'm going off on a tangent, but wedding ceremonies mean a lot to me. ;)


Just relaxing for a moment...

I got my hair "trimmed" right before our trip.
Uh, yeah...it was supposed to be a trim.
But she got a little scissor happy and it's QUITE a bit shorter than I expected.
But I'm not upset.
Jam says he likes it a lot and thinks it's one of the best cuts I've ever had!
Ok then! :)

So I guess we'll go with that!  Haha!

I can never resist taking another picture of the Trillium.
I love them and think they're beautiful.


White Pine.
Our state tree.

Jamie had this little idea...

LOL!
I don't know if you can read the picture...
This was Jamie's idea.
The sign says, "Michigan State Tree".
Well Jamie thought we should "edit" the photo and turn it into "University of Michigan" tree.
LOL!

View from Arch Rock.

Since we were there for Memorial Day weekend, I thought it fitting to stop at Post Cemetery.

I never tire of the history of this island.

One of my favorite signs. ;)

Jamie hates this picture, so...shhhhh!  ;)
We are pausing for a smooch at Cupid's Pathway, teehee...he had the idea for the picture, but then didn't want me to post it!  Haha!  He should know better!  Teehee! ;)

More Trillium.

No picking the wildflowers!

He hates his picture being taken.

He hates it even more when I post them.
But gosh, he's so handsome...how can I resist!

View from our inn's porch.


St. Anne's steeple.

Our neighboring kitty.
He/she was very timid.  He/she wouldn't come to us, which is very unusual as nearly every kitty we encounter comes to us.  I think they can tell a cat lover when they see one! ;)

Just relaxing in our room!

Tired.

Loved our room.

It was a little foggy/misty this morning.

Jam wanted me to snap a few pics of the lake.

And the lighthouses...

What's better than stilettos...and chocolate...???
Chocolate stilettos!

Our room...

More of our room...

Our mess, LOL!

I thought this was rather "Twilight-esque", LOL!
We love the Winnebago Trail.
We had a wonderful trip.
Can't wait till our family trip back up in July!
Until next time! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment