Pages

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Memorial Day Parade and Service 2011

We got back from our trip up north just in time for the Memorial Day parade.
We have to be back in time each year since both of the boys are in it!

It was a nice parade this year!
About 45 minutes.
Here's our ZHS Marching Band!

I love my marching band!

Who's that cool kid with the shades in the Lincoln tee?
It's Natee!

This was the first year we had ever gone to the Memorial Day Service at the cemetery.
I honestly have to say, I probably wouldn't have gone had Evan not had to play in the band...
But I'm so glad I did!
It was a wonderful service and really made me stop and realize how grateful I am for our freedom and those who serve our country.

It was very touching.

I felt so bad for all in uniform...as it was scorching weather.
Soooooooooo hot.

I love this display of flags the Boy Scouts brought out.

Thank-you to all who serve our country and those who gave the ultimate sacrifice.
God bless the USA.

No comments:

Post a Comment