Pages

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Happy 15th birthday Evan Brice!...June 30, 1996

When you think about having a baby, you don't really think about the future.
Or at least I didn't.
I thought about being pregnant.
I thought about planning a nursery.
I thought about buying adorable clothes, diapers, toys, furniture, etc.
I never dreamed about the future...
Things like high school, driver's training, girlfriends, dances, homework, jobs, etc.
Shoot...I never even thought about potty training!  LOL!
Many people get sad when they get past the "baby stage".
The look back with sadness that it's over.
Do I like to reminisce?
Sure.
But am I sad?
No.
I treasure each new stage of my sons' lives!
School, sports, church activities, lessons!
All the many milestones that come with growing up!
Do I forget the past?
No.
I remember the very day I found out I was pregnant and the joy we felt!
I remember coming home from the hospital empty handed as Evan stayed in the NICU for ten days due to complications.
I remember the ache and fear and agony I felt.
I remember the joy of bringing him home and showing him off!
I remember all the silly ways about him!
His love of Star Wars and Legos as a tot.
His cute little words he'd come up with.
Thinking we'd NEVER get him to walk, LOL!
Thinking potty training would NEVER end, LOL!
Remembering how quickly he learned to talk!
Enjoying your love for cross country, track, lacrosse, trumpet, cooking, and animals!
Evan has been a pure delight to love and parent.

We've had our ups and downs.
But we always triumph.
Together.
I am so grateful that Evan still comes to me and talks about his struggles, his fears, his concerns.
I feel so blessed that he trusts me.
I feel so blessed that he is involved at church.
I feel so blessed that he is serving God and studies the Word each night!
I feel so blessed that teachers, neighbors, friends, and family all adore him for his hard work ethic, respect, and compassion.
Evan, we love you.
We are proud to be your parents.
You are turning out to be such a handsome, compassionate, God-fearing young man!
Good luck and God bless you this year babe!
May tenth grade be the best yet!
Happy birthday sweetie!

No comments:

Post a Comment