Pages

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Continued thanks...

As I said before in my previous post...
Some may think these things are silly or minute...
But I am going to continue to recognize and be grateful for every little blessing I receive!
As I shared before, my business is going through a very "lean" time this summer, and we are looking to cut back on expenses in our budget in any way possible.
One of the biggest ways I cut costs is at the grocery store.
I am a big coupon clipper and match coupons to the sale ads.
This is the only way I shop, and stockpile by doing so.
My goal is to never pay full price for anything by shopping this way.
Well, turns out...Meijer had their "10 items for $10, Get the 11th item free" sale going on.
And as much as this sounds like a "great deal" (and it is), I tend to always spend MORE during this sale because I stock up so much.  Stocking up IS a GOOD thing, but right now I'm looking to SAVE.
So they had A LOT of really great things on sale and at 90 cents (11th item is free) when I matched my coupons to these items, there were some awesome deals.
STILL...
I was concerned about my final tally...as I tend to spend quite a bit on these particular sales.

I told Jamie, "Well, these are items we ALWAYS use and need.  They're great deals.  Let's stock up.  If we end up spending a lot, we just won't shop next week...we'll just stop in for milk and necessities."
So the cashier scans all my items.
He scans my coupons.
My tally...
$63.00!!!
I only spent $63.00?!?!?!
Are you kidding me???
That's better than I do most weeks when I'm not concerned about saving!
WOW.
I was so happy!
I saved $45.00 as well!
Not one of my best trips...but in looking to save and cut back, I had an entire cart full for $63.00!
I was happy.
It doesn't take a lot to make me happy.
But this did it on this particular day.

Then...
Perfect timing...
We have all this meat in the freezer...
Hotdogs, hamburger, chicken, etc.
We planned to do A LOT of grilling this season.
These were to be our inexpensive dinners for the summer.
We had all this meat.
I had stocked up on pasta salad mixes, baked beans, chips, frozen fries/tots, etc.
Perfect inexpensive meals.
Well...
Our grill dies.
Great.
Didn't want to spend a lot of money.
So...
Jamie's like, "Let just go out and look for a very base model.  All we need is the bare-bone simplest model they make."
Our goal was $99.00.
We stopped off first at our local hardware store.
$1800.00 for a grill.
Are you kidding me?
I don't think so.
We don't need all the bells and whistles.
All we need is something to throw out meat on, LOL!
So we go to Lowe's.
Right when we got out of the car...
There they were!
About twenty of the most basic, plain grills staring us in the face for $99.00!
Perfect!
We had the guy ring us up and bingo!
New grill!

I know some folks may think these are lame things.
But when you're living on a tight budget...
Little things like this make all the difference in the world.

And I'm lovin' it!
Thank you Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment