Pages

Sunday, June 26, 2011

My newest cake! (Evan's b-day cake)

Well...I did it.
I attempted fondant!
I did not take the class yet.
I did it strictly by studying youtube tutorials, LOL!
Seriously.

Doing "camo" probably wasn't the best choice for my first attempt.
With camo, I had to cut all of the different pieces in "puzzle" type shapes.
Then, I had to piece them together, overlapping.
Then I had to roll them out together.

I thought it looked pretty good.
But then...
When I went to flip it onto the cake...
The "puzzle pieces" started coming apart.
For my first attempt, I probably should've practiced with a solid piece of fondant.
But...
I didn't lose my cool.
I stayed calm and focused.
I repieced them back together, and then QUICKLY flipped it onto the cake!

And I did it!
And I think...for my first attempt at fondant...
It didn't turn out half bad!
I'm pretty proud of it!
Sure, it's not perfect.
Sure there are little cracks/seams where I pieced it together.
But...
For not having any training in fondant...
I am quite pleased with it!
I did the deer as a Royal Icing plaque.
I was terrified as I peeled it off the parchment paper, but it came off without a hitch!
Overall...
I am a happy camper and amazed with this cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment