Pages

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Here we go again! We can do it!

I knew it all along.
But somehow kept ignoring it.
Thinking I could hide it?
Thinking it was't real?
Thinking it would go away?
But alas...
I have come to terms with it.
I am gaining some weight.
I have always had this little "pooch", as I call it, in my gut.
But all of my clothing hides it pretty well.
Even my rib cage feels like it's expanded!
Ladies, you know that feeling when your bra is killing you. LOL!
I'm SQUISHY!
I have always had a pretty good metabolism.
But ever since I hit thirty (many years ago)...it has gradually been slowing down.
And it's harder and harder to stay trim.
I just don't stay trim without HARD work anymore.
According to my doctor, I'm not overweight...and I know many of my friends get irritated when I say I need to shed a few pounds...because I'm not overweight.
BUT...
I am gaining rapidly...
And that's how it starts...I will be overweight if I don't catch it now.
I would love to lose 10-15 pounds.
But I'm really not going to focus on the pouds (ok, yes I am...you can't keep me away from a scale).
But what I really want to focus on more than anything...
Is how I look.
My goal is to tone up.
Have a flat tummy.
Be in shape.
I just want to look "BETTER".
And I want to be healthier.
More lean protein, more veggies, etc.
I'm not saying no to junk food.
But I'm letting myself have "portion controlled" amounts when they fit into my daily caloric intake.
So if I want a few of my favorite chips, I count them out and put them in a bowl.
If I want a cookie, I look at how many a serving is and how many calories are in them.
That is where I want to be.
I want to quit sitting down with a "bag" or a "box".
I want to get full on healthy meals.
I just keep thinking of all my spring/summer clothes...and remind myself, that if I don't fit into them...I'm not allowing myself to buy new ones!
This is it!
So far so good...
Day 1...I stuck to my portion control/calorie counting...incorporated lean protein and veggies...I exercised on the treadmill...did crunches.
Day 2...Same thing...also added the stationary bike to what I did yesterday as well!
I REALLY WANT THIS.
I don't want to get old and frumpy! LOL!
And if I fall off the wagon, just smack me and tell me to get back on!

No comments:

Post a Comment