Pages

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Laugh Lines Are NOT Funny...

Found this picture...and thought it says it all...at least for me.

Dying...no biggie...I know where I'm going.

But while I'm here on earth...let's just say, I'm not too thrilled about aging.

Call it vanity...call it what you will.

But I hate it.

They say "age brings wisdom"...
I'd rather be the silly dumbe blonde I am now.

They say they're called "laugh lines"...
I don't need reminders of the happy times in my life.

I will totally fight it to the end.
If it means using wrinkle creams, coloring my hair, and killing myself on the treadmill...
I will do my best to defy becoming frumpy.

I don't have much to work with...
But I'm certainly not going to let what's left go to pot.

Seeing pictures from my high school and college days...
Brings back fond memories...
But it also brings a little sadness for me.
I see the high school and college kids now...
And I realize just how old I am.
This June will be TWENTY years...TWENTY years ago that I graduated!
And when I see those old photos...
I see how young we were.
And I see where I am now.

I am in a good place in life...a great place.
I have a nice home, a great husband, two awesome sons, a precious kitty...
And I love all that...
But sometimes...
I just need to be "ME" again.
Sometimes I feel I am wife and mom 24/7 (which comes with the job), but I sometimes miss "MELODY".
I think this is why I love reconnecting on facebook with old friends.
Because I can just be "MELODY".
I'm not wife.
I'm not mom.
I'm not caretaker.
I'm just "MELODY".

I don't think this is a bad thing.
I think most people can identify with this.
And if you say you don't...I have to question your honesty, LOL!
I think EVERYONE needs to just be THEMSELF occasionally.

Being mom, dad, caregiver, homemaker, sister, brother, etc...is great!
But sometimes...you just need to be YOU.
You need to just hang with friends.

Lately, I have been throwing myself into books and movies.
Most of you know...I've become another Twilight addict, LOL!
But I think it's good for EVERYONE to have outside interests.
Stay current.
Be it through books, music, movies, etc.


I just don't want to become that old, frumpy mom.
I want to have fun.
But I promise...
Not too much...

I won't embarrass you Ev and Nate!

No comments:

Post a Comment