Pages

Monday, March 22, 2010

Oh be careful little mouth what you say...

"Oh be careful little mouth what you say...oh be careful little mouth what you say...for the Father up above is looking down in love...oh be careful little mouth what you say."

Isn't that how the old children's song goes?

Seriously...I think it's time some of us start adhering to that old childhood song. The Bible says:
James 1:26 (New International Version)

If anyone considers himself religious and yet does not keep a tight rein on his tongue, he deceives himself and his religion is worthless.

I have grown sad...discouraged.
I know we are all just human.
But shouldn't those believers in positions of leadership, mentoring, teaching be held accountable somewhat for what they say?

The more I have been in contact with people lately...many from my past...I have become upset at the lack of spiritual maturity they show sometimes.

Much of it happens right on Facebook.
I know that's a place of social networking...a place where you can be yourself with your friends.
But I wonder sometimes if people forget just "who" they are friends with at times.
When they are "letting it all hang out"...they may forget the position they're in when they make certain remarks, comments, etc.

I'm not saying those in positions of leadership are any "better" than anyone else...not saying they don't make mistakes...I'm saying we ALL need to be conscientious...as christians...we need to ALWAYS watch what we say...around everyone.

As a believer...people...believers and non-believers alike...are always watching...waiting...for us to "mess up".

Yes...we will make mistakes...that's why there's forgiveness. But...we need to try our best...to always honor God...in word and action...so that we are always pleasing Him.

Lord, help me to be that example...the one You want me to be...to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment