Pages

Thursday, June 17, 2010

A kid at heart...

No matter how old I get...
(I'm only 38...I'm not THAT old yet people!)
I still love doing so many "kid things".

I never tire of "kid shows".
I love SpongeBob, Max & Ruby, Franklin, Little Bear, Rugrats, and more.
I do have to admit that I don't have a high tolerance for a lot of the "cheesey family movies" out there. But give me my Nick Jr. and Disney Playhouse and I'll be happy! LOL!

Coloring books.
I love coloring. Give me some crayons and a coloring book and I'll be busy for hours. Seriously. I'm not lying. I LOVE TO COLOR. I'm almost a little sad that my boys are beyond the enjoyment of coloring.


Sidewalk chalk.
Nate will still do this with me. I love drawing and doodling on the driveway and decorating it with bright colors. Flowers, hearts, rainbows, stars, swirls, stick people, and more. It brings me such joy!


Bubbles.
Give me a simple bubble wand and a dish of bubbles and I'm the happiest girl in the world. Add one of those new fangled bubble swords or a battery operated bubble gun and we'll REALLY have some fun!






Kids music.
I LOVE kids music. Laurie Berkner is one of my favorites. When I see her songs on Nick Jr. I just wanna get up and dance and sing with her. They're so catchy!

Kids crafts.
I still love cutting, glueing, coloring, painting, making collages, you name it. I guess it's a good thing I'm in the field I am because I can get all the kids' crafts I need!


Kids food.
Peanut butter & jelly, potato chips, corn dogs, cotton candy, caramel and candy apples, snow cones, rice krispie treats, chocolate chip cookies. I could live on junk food...if only my body would allow it.


One thing I will NEVER stoop to though...
Is...
DRESSING like a kid.
As much as I love trendy, stylish clothing...I believe as a parent we owe it to our kids to keep ourselves classy. Stylish...but classy.
Parents...don't embarrass your kiddos by trying to dress like them.
Otherwise you'll hear the famous line... (As Evan puts it...)
"Oh mom...that's SO not cool..."
LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment