Pages

Friday, June 18, 2010

Liberating?...or Scarey!

As I read the letters to the editor in my Marie Claire magazine about one of the previous issues they had...I had to stop and think.
The letters were concerning the issue with Jessica Simpson on the cover...WITHOUT make-up and UNTOUCHED.
All of the letters written to the editor were positive and talked of how liberating it is to go without make-up.
Liberating?
I WISH!
I would LOVE to be able to go without make-up.
However...
I have way too much respect for the general public...and wouldn't want to scare them half to death with my face!
Also...
If I don't have make-up on...I don't feel good about myself.
I have SUCH red, blotchy skin...and it's always got at least one blemish if not more.
Even if I had PERFECT skin...
Going without make-up might be nice.
BUT...
Just my honest opinion...
One always looks "better" WITH make-up.
However...
I WOULD love to be able to occasionally just wake up and fly out of bed sans make-up and throw my hair back in a headband.
But...
I was not blessed with beautiful skin.
So...
For now, I'm thankful to Cover Girl, Maybelline, Loreal, Almay, and all the other wonderful cosmetic makers.
Hats off to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment