Pages

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Trying new things...

So, I've been stepping outside of my "ho-hum" comfort zone and trying new things in the kitchen. Nothing crazy or exotic...but I've always been more of a boring "convenience" cook. Pre-packaged, canned, easy prep dinners.
Well, lately I've been cooking more. Exploring new recipes...and purchasing things I never used to. Last time Meijer had their "10 for $10, Get the 11th item FREE" sale...I got some fresh produce on sale. I got a red, yellow, and orange pepper. I have always loved these, but they're usually so darn expensive. So I grabbed one of each. And tonight, we made chicken fajitas (one of my new specialties) and I sauteed the peppers with some onions and a little butter and garlic powder. They were SO yummy. I made a "rub" for the chicken breast out of virtually every spice in my cupboard, LOL. We added a little cheese, sour cream, and salsa to our tortillas and had some VERY yummy fajitas!

Something else I've learned that I love is fresh mangos. Anything mango flavored, anything made with mango, and especially FRESH mango. And as luck would have it, Meijer had mangos as part of their "10fer" deal too! So I got a couple of those. The first one I ate wasn't ripe...no good. But I waited several days on this one...and MY OH MY! Sweet, juicey, and DIVINE!



It's been a lot of fun trying all these new recipes. We tried one called "Pull Apart Pizza" last night...that one, sorry to say...wasn't a big hit with the fam. I didn't care much for it either. But hey...that's the fun in it all. Trying new things and finding new favorites! It's been such fun so far! We've added the new "Cinnamon Bread" recipe that I posted yesterday as one of our new favorites. I have a cookbook with loads of pages dog-eared for new recipes I want to try.


Keep watching for more new recipes! I'll keep ya posted on the good ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment