Pages

Saturday, June 13, 2009

I love it when I know the store coupon policy better than their own employees!







So, I go to Target today with some of the awesome coupons my fellow "coupon sista" Diane has shared with us all...
I had two $1.00 off coupons for Vaseline Intensive Care lotions (didn't specify size or say it couldn't be used on trial size).
I had two $1.00 off coupons for Nexcare Bandages (didn't specify the count or say it couldn't be used on trial size).
I also had a $3.00 off ANY three Johnson's products (again, no specifications).
So the cashier rings up my items, and it's time to scan the coupons. Naturally the coupons start "beeping" and not going through because she's trying to scan it for $1.00 when it only costs 97 cents.
She promptly turns to me and say, "I can't take this it's for more than the price of the item."
I politely said, "Oh sure you can...all you have to do it just take off the price charged for the item...I understand you don't give overages."
All I hear is a big loud SIGH on her part.


LOLOLOLOL!
I love it!
So she calls another employee over...he studies the coupons and tells me he doesn't think they can take these coupons on trial size items.
I politely said, "Oh sure you can. You just take off the amount of the item, no overage. There's no specifications on size. It's your store policy."
So I get a loud SIGH from him and he promply calls over the customer service manager.
LOLOLOLOL!
She comes over and explains to both of them EXACTLY what I just told them both!!!
LOLOLOLOL!
I'm standing there just about to bust a gut laughing at them...but I don't. I'm completely composed and polite.
She finishes ringing me through and gives me an irritated and gruff "Have a nice day" and moves on to the next customer.
LOLOLOLOL!
It still just amazes me that stores don't completely and thoroughly train their cashiers on store policy when it comes to coupons. I mean really, HOW HARD IS IT?
Used to, it would bother me that I was holding up a line and causing a problem, but now it doesn't. I figure if they can't train their people properly, it's not my fault, now is it!

LOLOLOLOL!
So anyway...
I ended up with 2 FREE lotions, 2 FREE packs of bandages, 3 FREE soaps!!!
AMAZING!!!
$6.97 worth of merchandise for...yep you guessed it...FREE!!!

2 comments:

  1. That is soooo funny!!! I have issues with coupons at Target all the time!! uuggh..like you I wonder "why is this so hard - it shouldn't be!! ".....good deal!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo! Rock on! Good for you for standing your ground! I went to Target last night and used several of my Nexcare bandage q's. The guy finally figured it out and I thought to myself I'll be back with more my next trip! LOL :)

    ReplyDelete