Pages

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

What a busy day of shopping!












This was one crazy busy day of shopping. Not only did I have three stops to make...the fact that I had refrigerated or frozen items at each stop and the fact that it was 85 degrees made it crazy! The boys and I were running like mad in and out of stores! LOL!




Meijer was our first stop and I was so pleased with myself this week. I get so excited when I see how much I spent versus how much I saved. It really makes me sit back and think about all the money I was wasting for all those years before I know "how to do this". I used to consistently spend $100.00-130.00 a week on groceries. Now I am consistently spending about $35.00-60.00. It just floors me.




This week at Meijer...I spent $35.97. I saved $42.63. And I did this WITHOUT the help of SavingsAngel!!! I cancelled my membership last month and this is the first month of doing "it" on my own. I can't believe how much I've learned and that I'm actually succeeding on my own! That alone is saving me $19.95 a month!!! SavingsAngel is a wonderful service...it makes looking at the sale ads and gathering coupons SO much easier and faster than doing it alone. But with the drop in my income this summer, I really needed to cut back in some areas and this was one area I felt I had learned enough on to try it on my own. And so far, IT'S WORKING!


Target also had a great deal on Eggo Bake Shope products. They had them on sale for $1.50 and I had a $1.00 off coupon, making them 50 cents! Can't beat that! Yay!


Had to grab a few items at WalMart as usual. Nothing huge to brag on...but if I really need something and it's not on sale or I don't have a coupon...and it's a necessity...it comes from WalMart because you just can't beat their everyday low prices.


Until next time...happy saving!




1 comment:

  1. I need to get my coupons together...its shockin gwhat I know I could save but I run so far behind on time these days, esp this week with Jacobs colonoscopy and complications... someday when things calm down I will stop by and drag help out of you....MEOW!!

    It was 102 here today....does that not make you just shudder?!

    ReplyDelete