Pages

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Old Navy days...


What a day of bargain hunting!
Today I started off my day getting up early and heading out to the doorbuster sale at Old Navy to get my hands on some of those $2.00 tanks. I also had a 15% off coupon to add with it so I got them for $1.70 a piece! There was only about 25 people there when I arrived and only maybe 15 more trickled in after me. We did rush the door as they unlocked it though! LOL! But they were all arranged on tables by size and there was lots of styles to choose from. I went straight to my size table and grabbed five and headed straight to the check-out line. The employees were organized, patient, and friendly. I was very impressed with the trip! Not at all like what people had been warning me about when the flip flop deal was going on.
Well...I went back later...LOL!
I decided to use my "50% off a $100.00 purchase" coupon. Imagine!!! $100.00 worth of clothes for $50.00!!! My plan was to get the boys some school clothes. But not knowing how much they would grow over the summer made me think it probably would be wise to wait. They hit these crazy growing spurts and they'll grow 2-3 inches all at once! But I did get them both a few things. Nate needed a new backpack for school. He had been telling me he wanted a messenger bag style this year. Well, as luck would have it...we found a navy blue guys messenger bag for $29.50...we picked it up...but little did we know...we got to the register and it was 1/2 price...$14.75!!! Woohoo! He also ended up with a cool Star Wars t-shirt. They had their flag tees on sale for half price as well ($2.50) so both of the boys got one of those. Evan needed some new shorts so we picked up two pair of denim shorts for $10.00 a piece. Then I got to have a little fun. I ended up with 2 cute empire waist tops (one white, one orange), a peach layering cami, two braided neck tanks (one yellow, one blue), and a pink pair of flip flops!
All in all...we got $135.00 worth of merchandise for $54.33. We "thought" we had everything tallied up to be $100.00 when we got to the register...but because there were so many items on sale...we got to keep running back and grabbing more merchandise! LOL! It was great!
I had a bad experience with Old Navy many years ago and vowed never to go back. But after today...I am now a fan again. What a day!

1 comment: