Pages

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Best Friends Forever...


I waited...
And I waited...
I thought there was something wrong with me.
Why was I always alone?
I watched other girls go through multiple relationships, broken hearts, and huge life changing mistakes that would change the course of their life forever.
I tried filling my life with "friendships"...girlfriends...
But even those seemed to fail.
I put more into the friendship.
They didn't need me.
Many moved away.
Two passed away.
But now I know.
Waiting the first twenty years of my life was nothing in the scope of things.
And even now...
As I sometimes get down about not having a best gal-pal...
I know who to always turn to.
I say I won't open myself up to another failed friendship.
But I think the human side of us always will because we all long for not only our spouse, but for just a best pal.
And so I try again...
But...
It never fails...
Just as I think I've found a great girlfriend...
And sometimes it even lasts years...
They fade away.
Poof!
It's not instantaneously.
But more gradual.
They slowly fade out of your life.
Many times I don't even think THEY realize it.
Or maybe they do and it doesn't matter to them?
But...

I always come back to this...
I waited for a reason.
I have my FOREVER FRIEND.
God hand picked my husband to be my best friend.
And although he's not REALLY interested in fashion, nailpolish, hairstyles, and dainty lunches...
He'll come along for the ride.
He'll help me pick out clothes. Tell my which color he likes. What style he prefers. And eat a "cup of soup and half a sandwich" at a cafe because I like it.
He'll pick up my magazines and read an article, LOL...and say, "Ya know, your magazine says..." LOL!
What more could a girl REALLY ask for?
I mean seriously, do you know many "big 'ol burly, manly-man, football lovin' pizza consuming, sports talkin' guys" who will sit and talk handbags and stilletos with you?
Yes, I think God hand picked him just for me.
And in turn, I will sit and eat pizza, "watch" football, baseball, listen to him talk sports, politics, and more and TRY really hard to be interested.
Because he does so much for me.
We will never "completely" understand everything about each other...because he's a man and I'm a woman.
But we do our best to stay interested in each other's passions.
And although we are completely opposite on the outside and most of our interests...
We share the exact SAME feelings on everything that matters.
Parenting, finances, christianity, and life in general.
So...
The next time I get discouraged about the lack of gal-pals in my life...I remind myself of the wonderful, awesome guy that God hand-picked for me.
We're not only best friends...
We're comitted to each other FOREVER...
Till death do us part...
No question about it...
Never ever ever leavin' each other's side...
Stuck with each other!
And the best thing about my BFF...I get to fall asleep in his big strong arms each night.
Yeah...
I think I'll take that any day.

No comments:

Post a Comment