Pages

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

That which doesn't kill us...makes us stronger...

Well, it's been quite a week at the James house.
It started off wonderful.
Sunday evening, we went down to Kalamazoo and dropped the boys off at Geeg and Papa's house while we went out for a nice birthday dinner with friends at Texas Roadhouse. We enjoyed our evening...good food, good friends. And of course the boys had a blast w/ Geeg and Papa playing cards, Farkle, watching movies, and snacking.
The drama started when we picked them up, Nate's eye had starting "oozing"/crusting up a bit.
GREAT...I think.
Pink eye.
I know it well.
He's had it before...several times.
So we go home and discover we had some drops left from last time that were still well within their expiration date. So we started him immediately on drops because being a Sunday night we wouldn't be able to talk to the dr. until Monday morning.
I called the school and told them Nate wouldn't be in due to pink eye.
Called the dr. (they won't see pink eye cases because it's so contagious) and they called in some drops for him.

So we get him established on drops and he starts looking better...hoping he will go to school on Tuesday.
It was a crazy day...work...rush dinner...then Evan had...
HIGH SCHOOL ORIENTATION!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Tell me my baby is not going to high school next year!
Tell me that "I" am not that old!
So, I took him and Jamie stayed home w/ Nate so we didn't expose anyone else to pink eye.
Well, the oozing and crusties went away, but he woke up today still very pink...so we kept him home one more day to be safe. It's starting to look much better now. Two full days on drops...he should be good to go now.
Well it just couldn't be complete without Oreo doing something stupid. That crazy cat...I tell everyone God must have known that I would love him unconditionally because he is so dumb sometimes and does such naughty things at times...yet I just can't help but love and adore that crazy animal! :)
He had an "accident" on the floor. I don't know what that was about. I don't know if it was truely an "accident" or if he was mad and just went.
Thankfully we have some amazing cleaning agents and a carpet shampooer so all is well there.
Life just couldn't be easy though...
As if it weren't enough...
I am having issues w/ a client.
Won't go into it...but things are not good between us.
In fifteen years of childcare and early education, I have had nothing but glowing reports, incredibly happy clients, and awesome referrals.
100% satisfaction.
But we are parting ways...thankfully.
As they always say...
"That which doesn't kill us makes us stronger."
And...
"With age comes wisdom."
So...
I guess I am becoming really strong...
And really wise...
Because I have had enough junk this week (and it's only Tuesday) for a lifetime, LOL!
But I can do all things who Christ who gives me strength.
I will never stoop to other people's level.
I will continue to handle things with kindness and grace.
Upward and onward!

No comments:

Post a Comment