Pages

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Open mouth, insert foot...yes I'll admit it...I'm hooked on Twilight!

Yes...I guess the time has come for me to admit it. I have been sucked into the "Twilight" zone. I said no. I refused. I thought it looked stupid. I mean seriously...vampires and werewolves? Really. I have better things to do than read about and watch movies with monsters in them.

And although I love a good romantic movie or book...I could just not get past the vampire aspect of it. Everyone said, "Oh, that's just a small part of it...it's mostly an awesome love story!" Still...I refused. I wouldn't budge.


Then the movie came to one of our movie channels on tv. I walk into the bedroom and my husband is sitting there watching it. "WHAT ARE YOU WATCHING?" I demanded to know. "Come watch it with me..." he says to me. I couldn't believe he was watching it. So I sat down with the laptop on checking my mail and facebook...sortof watching it with him. Well then it came on again the next night and he watched it again. "Watch it with me..." he says. So I finally did. I have to admit, I liked it. And I watched it again the next time it came on. I have to admit...if IS a really good love story. I shared this with my friends whom all said to me, "You HAVE to get the books now!" I doubted I would read them...the movies were enough. Until...my one good friend shared how much more was in the books that explained so much more than the movie did. So dear hubby went out and got the first two books for us over Valentine's weekend. He FLEW through the first book and started the second as I gradually made my way through the first. He then finished the second and I started it...he HAD to have the third. So out we went again looking for the best deal around town. LOL! We have three of the four now...and he's almost done with the third...so I assume we'll be making another trip out soon for the fourth and final book. He is making plans in his head, "How can we arrange to see the second movie? Shall we go see it now or wait for dvd?" He has become more addicted to it than I have. He can quote the movie, LOL! We carry on a conversation and he'll jokingly somehow relate it to Twilight or throw in a line from the movie. He is a nut. LOL! So yes...I have been sucked in...hook, line, and sinker. I am officially a "Twilight Addict". LOL!



No comments:

Post a Comment